500 Grain Aphids
Ervibank - Banker plant system - Sitobion avenaeUse Ervibank for:
Development of parasitic waspsPackaging:
Box containing approximately 500 grain aphids on growing winter wheat.
When to use Ervibank?
Use Ervibank for the production of the following parasitic wasps in banker plant system:
- Aphidius ervi
- Aphidius colemani
- Aphelinus abdominalis
How does Ervibank work?
A large, but slightly fluctuating population of parasitic wasps form on each tussock of grain. It is important to regularly add new tussocks to ensure a constant production of large quantities of parasitic wasps. The aphid infestation level remains low due to the continuous presence of large quantities of parasitic wasps, searching actively for aphids in the crop (an 'overkill' situation).
How to use Ervibank
- Open the box immediately after receipt
- Take the tussock of grain from the box and place it on a separate piece of wetted rock wool of 2-3 litre. It is recommended to use a hanging 'fuchsia-pot' with 20 cm diameter.
- Place the pot in direct light, for example along the sunny side of the main path. Preferably in a spot where the box can remain for 10-12 weeks.
- Fit a dripper to the tussock for continuous supply of water and nutrients. A short moment of drought can be lethal. Also arrange proper drainage for any excess water.
- Move dripper from tussock to rock wool when roots start to grow.
- Best results are obtained when the banker plants hang above the crop. This enhances growth and makes cereal plants less vulnerable to mildew
- To prevent the crop from getting contaminated by mold formed by the honeydew secreted by the aphids, place a large plastic bowl under the Ervibank.
- If aphids are found before the banker plants produce parasites, apply Ervipar (at least 0.5 per m²).
- Aphids on banker plants are extremely susceptible to insecticides (also Pirimor!). When applying chemical pesticides, remove the tussocks from the glasshouse for at least 24 hours. Put them in a place where even the vapour of pesticides cannot penetrate.
- If the pesticide is applied via the drip system, remove the drippers from the tussocks for approximately 24 hours. Pesticide residues disappear slowly from recirculation systems. In these cases it may be necessary to switch to an alternative way of irrigation temporarily.
- Grain aphids can only live and reproduce on monocotyledons. This means that cultivated crops are not attacked.
- Start introductions of Aphidend as soon as hyperparasites occur in banker plants or crop
Best working conditions Ervibank
Ervibank is effective at temperatures of up to approximately 30°C/86°F.
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Ervibank, please follow the instructions below. We are not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer and/or under different conditions than recommended.
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice can be provided if information is available on the local factors that need to be taken into account, such as the crop, the climate conditions and the level of infestation.
|Ervibank||preventive||light curative||heavy curative|
We Also Recommend